Monday, January 26, 2009

First Weigh-In

The first weigh-in was both encouraging and disappointing.

I weigh 247.8 lbs. This is encouraging because I think I started somewhere just above 250, but because I didn't have a working scale, I really don't know where I started. I just commenced eating properly without a baseline. So, 247.8 has become my new baseline, and Sunday morning has become my new weigh-in time.

Yesterday, I forgot about my diet since we had mexican food and company over. I grossly overate. Funny thing is that it wasn't even that enjoyable. What I mean is that is was enjoyable up to a point, but then I felt seriously uncomfortable as I kept on eating.

I want to add a new rule: 5) No fried foods. This one seems simple enough, but it is really, really difficult to avoid fried foods completely. They are everywhere. Chips and salsa -- no good. Most Chinese or even Thai food -- stir-fry or deep-fried. But this is easier if fast food is also avoided, because if you don't get the combo meal you don't get fries.

Last week, I did well with most of the rules. Look forward to hitting the gym today.

No comments: