Monday, January 19, 2009

New Year, New Resolution(s)

  Hey everyone!   
  I'm pretty sure no one is paying any attention to this blog, since I hadn't posted anything in, oh, about a year.  I've found out how hard it is to try to diet while your wife is pregnant and/or nursing a baby.  It's also easy to forget about eating wisely when you've moved to a different state and started law school.  Oh, and when you're wife is an awesome cook who loves making brownies, cookies, cakes, and other assorted goodies.  Basically, Sara got pregnant again, and I completely forgot about diet and exercise.  I got lost in getting moved.  We lived with my parents and my in-laws this summer before getting settled in Illinois. 
  I was really good about going to the Rec center on campus, until just before finals.  I was actually jogging up to a mile at a time.  Then came the holidays.  I'm really not sure how much I weigh right now, but it can't be good.  I'm vowing right now to get back into fighting shape before summer.  I can do it.  I have a handle on law school.  I can get a handle on my diet/exercise routine.  My goal is 215 lbs. before June.  Considering that I currently weigh around 250, that's a lot of weight to lose.  I plan to go to the Rec center at least 3 times per week (even when I was going regularly last semester there were many weeks when I went only once), and to really get control of my bad snacking ways.
  I won't be posting any more pictures until I've lost the first few pounds. 
  Later,
  Justin

No comments: